Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Class Related Response (CRR)

Lately in English 12 we have focused on William Shakespeare's play "Midsummer Night". This story is a love conflict between the characters. Also we have had a new person named WT to come to the class and I assume to give us a clearer understanding to this story. To be honest the story has a interesting plot, but it is the vocabulary that loses the interest so early and why the dislike comes in. Every other line needs a translation and we lose the flow to the story because there is a stop every second. Other than that, the story is easy to follow. I know for me I don't pay attention to the story or give the effort into understanding it because I can't relate to it, I can't even put myself in the situation to relate at all.

A woman is in love with another man, but is having her life threatened if she doesn't follow her father wishes. The main question is: "Will she follow what her heart really want?". This story by Shakespeare tests the strengths of love and how far people will go for it. If people want love will they risk their life for it? Love will drive people to do some crazy things, such as being rebellious and risking everything for happiness. This is where the story would get very intense. It becomes intense because you are actually forced to think. This is where I start to believe that Shakespeare's main purpose was to paint a picture for the reader.

1 comment:

  1. Well once you understand the vocab, we can go back through it to really get the flow.

    ReplyDelete